We welcome odd and unexpected stories, masterfully crafted with the love of language in mind. We read each letter with utmost attention and will do our best to respond personally and quickly.
PLEASE NOTE: Submission period for 2020 is closed.
How to submit your email query to us:
- Make sure we publish the type of book you’ve written.
- Please make sure you are submitting a novel or a short story collection (80-110K words), rather than a novella (under 50K).
- In the subject line, write QUERY and the title of your novel.
- Address your query to our acquisitions editor, Cate Hendrickson, and email to editor (at) anankepress (dot) com
- In the body of the email, include a one-page synopsis of your story, and the first three chapters of your novel or the first fifty pages, whichever is more. Please DO NOT email any attachments in your query, they will not be opened.
- We DO accept simultaneous submissions. Since we are a young small press, we are not yet able to pay advances, so if you can sign with a larger house who can offer you an advance on your work, go with our blessing. If you decide to allow us to publish your novel, we take care of the cover, layout, printing, distribution and marketing —all at zero cost to you—as well as offer generous royalties above industry standard.